Apple Sage and Cider Sauce Recipe - "How to make" recipe from the Jam Jar Shop
- 1 large onion
- 1.5 kg cooking apples
- 150g granulated sugar
- 20 small sage leaves
- 375ml any flavour cider
- knob of butter
- splash of oil
How to make Apple Sage and Cider Sauce
This is a perfect sauce recipe to accompany a juicy bit of pork!
- Put the butter and oil together in a large pan, cook the onion until soft and translucent and then add the apples.
- Cook for 5 minutes, add the cider, sugar and sage leaves and cook until the apples are really soft.
- Either sieve the contents of the pan or use a food processor, blending until smooth.
- Bottle into warm sterilised bottles.
- Use within 2 months or sterilise by the waterbath method to increase shelf life to one year.
- Great with rich meats.