Raspberry Jam - "How to make" recipe from the Jam Jar Shop
- 900g/2lb raspberries
- 900g/2lbs granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Check over the raspberries and remove any that are sign of mould, avoid washing if possible, or at most, rinse gently in a colander.
- Place in a large jam pan, add the lemon juice and put over a low heat to start the juices running.
- When raspberries are heated through, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Place back onto the heat, turn it up higher and bring the contents of the pan up to the boil, then reduce to a 'rolling boil'.
- When the jam has darkened and thickened slightly, usually after 10mins or so, you can test for a set.
- Turn off the heat, then pour into the warm, sterilised jars, seal immediately.
- The jam will keep, in a cool, dark place for several years - there is no need to refrigerate either open or unopened.
- Absolutely delicious - be sure you make enough!