Sweet Chilli Jam - "How to make" recipe from the Jam Jar Shop
A vibrant colour and hot, sweet flavour perfect with sausages or the summer barbecues to come.
- 8 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 10 red chillies, not deseeded, roughly chopped
- 10cms length of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 400g tomatoes
- 750g sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- juice 2 lemons
How to make Sweet Chilli Jam Recipe
- Prepare everything - no need to chop finely as you next need to put through a food processor and reduce down.
- Put resulting 'soup' into a pan with the vinegar and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 30 mins until reduced by approximately a third, stirring from time to time
- Add the sugar off of the heat, stir until dissolved.
- Return to the heat and then cook on for around 30 mins until thick. You will need to stir very frequently and do not leave the pan unattended as this preserve burns onto the pan very easily.
- Although called a jam, this preserve won't set like jam - it just needs to be thick, of a spreadable consistency.
- Pot into small jars, use within 6 months, refrigerate once opened. Yummy!