Blackberry and Apple Chutney - "How to make" recipe from the Jam Jar Shop
Blackberry and Apple Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- 2.2lbs/1kg blackberries
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pint/500ml red wine vinegar
- 12oz/330g muscovado sugar
Spices tied in muslin:
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- small piece whole cinnamon
- Piece fresh ginger (1 inch, 2.5cms)
Blackberry and Apple Chutney Recipe Equipment :
How to make Blackberry and Apple Chutney
The hedgerows should be bursting with blackberries and apples will be about to fall off the trees so why not make some of this stunning Apple and Blackberry Chutney
- Wash 4-5 8oz/227g jars and put into the oven to heat and dry.
- Make up the spice bag in a muslin square - bruise the whole spices slightly to release the flavours
- Combine all ingredients in a large preserving pan and place over a medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer until thick and glossy - around 11/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Pot into the pre-heated jars and seal tightly.