With Christmas just around the corner, it's that time of the year when we all start panicking. Well, this year we want to make things a little easier for you and make it fun in the process! Instead of spending hours flicking through Pinterest, trying to find the perfect crafty item we have put together our favourite seven Christmas craft ideas, for you to try with your family.
Time to start
- If you're spending Christmas creating things with your children, then these Rudolph jars are going to be a perfect accessory for the table. Not only do they look great, but they're also really simple to make and your kids will love being able to make their favourite characters.
2. Another great way of using some jam jars, is by turning them into candle holders. A great decoration for the house any time of the year, but during December, you could transform them into a miniature Santa or Snowman.
3. If you prefer something a little more glamorous in your home, then why not transform a large mason jar into a glitzy candle holder. Using glitter card, cut out whatever winter shape you would like and cover the entire jar.
4. Adding battery powered fairy lights to a Kilner Jar is a simple yet effective decoration to have in the house. When all the lights are turned down low, they will add a really nice ambience to any room and get you in the festive mood.
5. Jam jars can be a great alternative to the standard snow globes and kids will love them. Simply add some fake snow to the bottom of the jar and add whatever decorations you would like. Make sure the lid is on tight before any shaking takes place.
6. If you want to mix craft with baking then this idea is perfect. By creating stacks of 3 jam jars, you can make the affect of a snowman and fill them with all sorts of goodies. Watch your kids jump with joy when they see these.
7. Last, but definitely not least. If you love knitting, then you will love adding these little hats as jam jar covers. These will make your kitchen look extra festive and is a perfect alternative to regular lids.
What have you been making?
We would love to know what craft ideas you have been making this season, you can share you favourite ones with us over on Twitter/Facebook and Instagram.
From all of us at Jam Jar Shop, we hope you have a very Merry Christmas.