Smooth Beetroot Chutney - "How to make" recipe from the Jam Jar Shop
A really quick and easy recipe that's a goes down a treat in a cheddar cheese sandwich!
- 1200g/3lbs beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1600g/4lbs cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 600g/1.5lbs onions , peeled and chopped
- 300g/12oz demerara sugar
- 320ml/14fl oz red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp salt
How to make Smooth Beetroot Chutney
- Place all ingredients prepared together in a large pan
- Bing to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until soft, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Turn the heat off.
- Either jar at this point for a chunky chutney or use a stick processor to blend until smooth - great for use in sandwiches!
- Ladle into hot, sterilised jars and seal.