If you’re looking for a tasty replacement instead of simply spreading butter on your toast for your 2023 breakfast treats, this apple jam recipe could be the answer. A great gift for friends and family, apple jam is as delicious as it is easy to make. Our first-rate jam jars are perfect for storing your jams and marmalades.
- Sterilised glass jam jar(s)
- 1 Large, heavy-based saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- 2 saucers
HOW TO MAKE APPLE JAM
- Place a small saucer in the freezer to test later.
- Put the chopped apple and caster sugar into a large saucepan with 350ml of water.
- Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir regularly for 30 mins, until the apples have collapsed in appearance.
- Add the cinnamon stick, stir in the lemon juice and simmer gently for 2-3 mins.
- The texture should look glossy and feel thick throughout.
- Take out your saucer to test – decant a small amount of the mix onto it for a few seconds.
- Check to see if it is firm and if not, simmer for another 10 mins.
- Test again before serving the jam.
- Decant your jam into your sterilised jars and seal tightly.
- Store for up to 3 months in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, consume within 1 month.
Apple jam utilises the fruits of the season with a classic taste you know you are going to love. No-frills and uniformly satisfying, family and guests alike will love this recipe.
Browse our vast range of glass jars, bottles and preserving equipment, or visit our website and if you have any further enquiries, please contact us today.