Enjoy this taste of autumn from our high quality jam jars. Fruity with a kick, this chutney contains pears, sultanas, ginger, star anise, chilli, and cumin to provide the perfect combination of comforting and tasty.
- Sterilised glass jam jar(s)
- 1 Large, heavy-based saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- 2 saucers
- 100ml pear cider
- 1 star anise
- 200g demerara sugar
- 200ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 red onions,chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 10 firm pears,peeled and chopped into miniature pieces
- red chillies,halved
- 50g sultanas
HOW TO MAKE SPICED PEAR CHUTNEY
- Put the sugar, pear cider, cumin, star anise, cider vinegar, red onions and ginger in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the chillies and pears last and leave to simmer for around 40 mins.
- When the liquid has a syrup-like texture, stir in the sultanas and remove from heat.
- Leave to cool and then spoon into sterilised jars.
- Ensure your jars have been fully sterilised by washing them in hot, soapy water and drying them thoroughly.
This is a simple recipe that requires a lot of perfectly blended ingredients. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time!
Browse our vast range of glass jars, bottles and preserving equipment, or visit our website and if you have any further enquiries, please contact us today.