- 10-15 sprays of elderflower
- 1 pint/600ml white wine vinegar.
- Swing Top Glass bottles
- Muslin cloth
- Large Jug or Bowl
- Wooden spoon
HOW TO MAKE ELDERFLOWER VINEGAR
- Take 10-15 sprays of elderflower and 1 pint/600ml white wine vinegar.
- Pick the flowers when in full bloom and snip flowers from the stalks. Discard any insects!
- Pack flowers into a clean jar then pour over the vinegar.
- Close, and leave in a sunny place for 2-3 weeks.
- When ready, strain through muslin and decant vinegar into bottles.
- Seal, and store in a dry, dark cupboard.
It is delicious as a salad dressing mixed with a light oil, or try it as a drink - use like cordial diluted with sparkling, iced mineral water.