If you have a sweet tooth, you will love this recipe for peach and cardamom jam. Nothing reflects the summer season better than the floral notes of this sweet peach jam recipe. We also have a vast collection of round jam jars, hexagonal jars, square jars and more so you can decant your creation into food-grade, recyclable jars.
- Sterilised glass jam jar(s)
- 1 Large, heavy-based saucepan
- Pestle & Mortar
- Wooden spoon
- Thermometer (optional)
- 2kg ripe peaches (about 12), halved and stoned
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 800g caster sugar
- 15 cardamom pods, cracked, seeds removed and reserved.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH AND CARDAMOM JAM
- Put 1 or 2 saucers in the freezer for testing later.
- Ensure your jars have been sterilised in hot, soapy and water & have since dried.
- Slice each peach half into 6-8 pieces.
- Put the fruit into a large saucepan over a low-medium heat & add lemon zest and juice.
- Gently simmer the mixture and bubble for around 10 mins, until the peaches soften.
- Use your pestle and mortar to crush the cardamom seeds.
- Add these to the peach mixture with the sugar.
- Reduce to a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, turn up the heat to medium-high.
- Bubble for 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent the jam from catching.
- Spoon some of the jam onto your chilled saucer and leave it for 30 seconds.
- Press gently with your finger – if it wrinkles, it’s ready. If not, boil for 2 mins more, then check again.
- Alternatively, you can check to see the jam has reached 105C on a sugar thermometer.
- Cool for up to 15 mins. If foam rises, stir this to be distributed back into the jam.
- Ladle the jam into your jars and seal with the lids.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
- Once opened, eat within 4 weeks.
The simplicity of this recipe contrasts with how powerful the taste sensation is on your tongue.
Browse our vast range of glass jars, bottles and preserving equipment, or visit our website and if you have any further enquiries, please contact us today.