Smooth Beetroot Chutney – “How To Make” Recipe From The Jam Jar Shop
Posted by Neil Smith on
- 1200g/3lbs beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1600g/4lbs cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 600g/1.5lbs onions , peeled and chopped
- 300g/12oz demerara sugar
- 320ml/14fl oz red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp salt
- Large preserving pan
- Wooden spoon
- Jam Jars - We recommend a pack of 8oz Jars or a pack of 8oz Hexagonal Jars
- Muslin cloth
- Cellophane covers & waxed discs
HOW TO MAKE SMOOTH BEETROOT CHUTNEY
- Place all ingredients prepared together in a large pan
- Bing to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until soft, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Turn the heat off.
- Either jar at this point for a chunky chutney or use a stick processor to blend until smooth - great for use in sandwiches!
- Ladle into hot, sterilised jars and seal.